Items

Rules for Buying Magic Items

If a player is trying to find an item available for sale in a city, the following table is used to determine its availability.

Base Percentage
Armor and Shields: 10%
Weapons: 10%
Potions: 15%
Rings: 5%
Rod: 0%
Scrolls: 15%
Staves: 0%
Wands: 10%
Wondrous Items: 10%

Item Significance Modifier
Minor Item: +0%
Medium Item: -10%
Major Item: -20%

City Size Modifier
Zeal Capital, Prism: +25%
Major City/Seven Jewels of Zeal: +20%
City: +10%
Village: +0%

Other Modifiers
On Major Trade Route (Not applicable to Zeal Islands): +10%
Location has Mage Guild: +5%
Player is Member of Mage Guild as well: +5%
Member of influential noble class: +5%
DC15 Diplomacy Check to “Ask Around”: +5%

Incremental Modifiers
Every 1d8 days spent searching beyond 1d8 days: +5%, maximum of 20%
Every 2000 GP of item value: -1% to a maximum of -50% for a 200,000 gold item

Remember, all magical items cost double what their list price is in the book in the Zeal world, and they can not be items that are created with divine spells.

Example 1: Looking for a ‘+1’ enchantment on longsword in Zeal’s capital, Prism. 2,000gp base X 2=4,000 gold item cost. This makes it a weapon (10%) with a minor enchantment (’+0%) in the capital (25%+10%=35%) with a mage guild (40%). If the player is a noble member of the mage guild and passes a DC15 diplomacy check (can only be done once), there is a 50% chance of there being the longsword he is seeking in the city. Since the longsword enchantment costs 4,000 gold, there is a -2% chance of finding it, so the grand final percentage chance of finding the long sword is knocked down to 48%.

Items

Zeal, the land of Sen Magia